Prevail is dedicated to serving victims of crime and abuse in a confidential, supportive, non-judgmental environment that is meant to empower, educate and strengthen those we serve. By offering these life-saving services, free of charge, we help people move forward – to give hope for a life free of violence and fear – to provide care and understanding in crisis – to help make an easier path in facing life’s challenges. Prevail seeks to make positive change happen – in individuals and families, in our communities, and in our social systems.
2014 Prevail Highlights:
- Prevail served 2,506 clients in 2014 and an additional 704 people were offered services.
- Prevail Advocates assisted in filing 430 protective orders in collaboration with Hamilton Co. Superior Court 6.
- Prevail continued the 10 session "Safe Dates" Program in area middle schools.
- Boundries Support Group added for individuals struggling with boundries and relationship co-dependency.
- In 2014, male victims of domestic violence participated in our Domestic Violence Support Groups.
- Prevail continued the collaboration with Agape Therapeutic Riding Center to offer a support group for teen victims of sexual abuse.
Prevail's services are provided at no cost, our organization relies on funding from individual, corporate and foundation contributions in addition to federal, state and local government funding sources. We would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support we received in 2014. We appreciate the generosity of our volunteers, individual donors, foundations, civic groups, corporate and government funding providers.