Services - Court Support
Many victims of crime are unsure of the court process, are not notified of important aspects of their case and, therefore, fail to participate in an event very personal to them. Prevail’s Victim Notification Program educates crime victims about the criminal justice system by creating a variety of educational resources and offering access to knowledgeable personnel.
Specifically, the program:
- Keeps the victim informed of activity on their case within the criminal justice process
- Assists the victim in locating and contacting the appropriate agency to access more detailed information regarding their case
- Serves as the liaison between prosecutor and victim
- Helps victims prepare a Victim Impact Statement
- Keeps agencies current on victim locations so they can fulfill statutory requirements regarding victim notification.